Wednesday, April 30, 2008

They're doing it

They're ruining any chance for Obama to win, to uncover the decency in us, to bring the country together, to change our face to the world. I guess we're just not that kind of country (which I knew all along but hope springs, well, you know). Jeremiah Wright. I wouldn't be surprised to find out some day that Karl Rove had a hand in this. But for now it's just the inevitable morning after, only in this case we didn't even have the night before. Unless you count the long night of the Bush presidency, which I'm sure you must--that's been deep dark night, certainly. As I've been doing of late, I must quote my son: "I'm not getting too involved because I know I'll be disappointed." Wise advice in that country, in this age of the world we live in.

No comments: