Sunday, August 31, 2008

At Least Slightly Unconscionable

Big story in the Times today about Drug Violence in Mexico. But guess what, it was all about Tiajuana. (Well there was mention of one incident each in Chihuahua and Guerrero.) Most of the story was written as if all of these horrible kidnappings and brutal crimes were going on all over the country, but when they got specific, it was always about border states. This is a very big country. Why does the Times want to scare everyone away from us? Gosh, the story even scared me and I know I don't live in a place rife with violence. Actually, I can see a possible beneficent outcome, or at least side effect, to all this drug crime--maybe they'll have to change their system so they can actually catch, arrest and incarcerate these people. As things are now, as far as I can see, the "justice" system does not work.

No comments: